Halfway Lodge & Allenby Pass — June
Departing June 27, 2025
Sky-piercing mountains stretch out across the landscape, their peaks crusted with ice and snow. The air is cool and fresh. And best of all, there’s an almost zen-like quiet out here. This is a typical day on the trail when you join our 6-day Halfway Lodge horseback adventure. You’ll pass by the shimmering waters of the Bow River, travel along a historic pack trail and then ride up Allenby Pass, where jagged rock formations line the route.
And although you do climb to an elevation of 8,100 feet on this trip, the terrain is gentle for the entire way. And for all the rugged scenery that surrounds you on this trek, the adventure itself is far from ‘roughing it.’ Unwind in rustic luxury at the spacious Sundance Lodge and later at the cozy Halfway Lodge – both are quintessential mountain cabins boasting comfortable beds, a crackling fire and some of the most delicious backcountry cuisine you’ll ever try.
- Day 1: Backcountry ride to Sundance Lodge
- Day 2: Ride the Erling Strom Trail to Halfway Lodge
- Day 3: Climb Allenby Pass on horseback to 8,100 feet
- Day 4: Rest time to enjoy the backcountry
- Day 5: Follow Brewster Creek to Sundance Lodge
- Day 6: Return to Banff Trail Riders Stables